A liquid product, specifically designed for tunnel boring machines (TBM) operating in hard rock respectively abrasive ground.
- It is designed as anti-dust and antic logging- agent with wear reduction properties for hard-rock tunnel boring machines as well as for EPB tunnel boring machines operating in hard rock geology.
Features and benefits :
- The use of drilling foam gives the following benefits with regard to TBM operation
- Effective reduction of dust formation, leading to considerably improved working environment for the operators
- Improved transfer of the muck from the cutter head, resulting in reduced risk of blockage, cleaner cutter discs and cutter head area, which make maintenance easier and reduce cutter disc changing time
- Protection of the screw conveyor
- Reduction of abrasive wear for cutting tools
- Improved cooling of the cutter head, improving the rubber seal durability, and extending the life of the cutter bearing assembly
How to use :
It should first be turned into foam before it can be used. For this purpose, a foam generating equipment typically used in EPB machines can be used.
Consumption: 0.5- 2 liter of foam per 100 liter of water.5 liter is for beginning and it can be increased if necessary.