HYPERSEAL-EXPERT-150 One component, polyurethane-based, low modulus joint sealant
HYPERSEAL-expert is a novel low modulus expansion joint sealant, especially formulated to ensure bubble free cure even at very high temperature and humidity climatic conditions. The product displays excellent thixotropy allowing its use even in very large expansion joints.
- water tanks and swimming pools
- brick and block work
- Sealing joints in Insitu concrete, expansion concrete plates, precast panels
- metal frames
- aluminum windows and panels
- irrigation channels
- granite & marble
Features and benefits :
- Low modulus, joint movement accommodation 50%
- Excellent chemical resistance, suitable for sealing joints in swimming pools and chemically treated water
- Excellent extrusion, tooling and storage stability over wide range of climatic conditions
- Excellent adhesion on almost any type of surface, with or without the use of special primers
- Excellent Thixotropy
- No bubbling/swelling upon curing in difficult climatic conditions
How to use :
Clean joint thoroughly, and ensure that no oil, grease and wax contaminants, silicone remains are present. For many applications, primer is not required. In the case of application on very porous substrates, bond area surfaces thoroughly to avoid the possibility of air bubbles being blown into the uncured sealant if the substrate temperature rises.The recommended primer is MICROPRIMER.
Apply backing material such as open cell polyurethane or a closed cell polyethylene backing rod. Although both types of backing rod are recommended care must be taken when using the closed cell polyethylene rod that the outer skin not be punctured as in rising temperature conditions it may cause bubbling. Backing rod application is important as it ensures that the correct width to depth ratio is achieved provides a firm backing against which the sealant can be tooled off.
Slide the sealant into the applicator gun, cut off the very end of the sealant packaging and fit the gun with the nozzle that has been cut to deliver the right bead size.
Extrude the sealant into the joint ensuring that no air is trapped in the joint. Tooling is recommended immediately after the application of sealant. The ratio width to depth should be 2:1 subject to a minimum depth of 10mm