One component special repair Quickrep sp1000
Quickrep sp1000 is a ready-mix and non-shrinkage cement base dry powder, provides smooth level surfaces with highly consistent repair mortar for special purpose concrete and masonry repairs. And due to adhesive materials in it, it makes an excellent adhesion to most common substrate, also provides waterproofing properties.
- Repairing of cracks and porous surfaces
- Provides smooth level surfaces
- Underlayment for floors and walls before placement of new covering materials
- Filling pores and holes
- Can be used for surfaces that are in direct contact with water
- Suitable for hydraulic structures
Features and benefits :
- Excellent adhesion to most common substrates
- Non shrinkage
- Excellent mechanical strength
- High early strength
- Provides maximum protection against freeze and thaw cycles
- Waterproofing capability and impermeability
- No destructive effect on the steel
- Available in wide range of colors
- Easy apply
How to use :
Surfaces should be clean sound and free from oil, grease, laitance and loose particles. Metal surfaces should also be clean and free of rust, oil, grease and contaminants. Remove damaged concrete and prepare exposed steel reinforcement. Thoroughly clean repair area using high pressure water jet to remove all loose debris and contamination. The concrete should be pre-saturated with water before application. This is essential for the proper adhesion of the mortar to the sub-surface.
Deep cracks with a depth greater than 2 mm should be opened in (V) shape and then repaired with quickrep sp1000.
First, pour water into the appropriate container. The quantity of water depends on the desired consistency. Then add the powder slowly.
Mix with a paddle mixer or trowel For 3 to 5 minutes to ensure a homogenous lump free material is achieved. Do not try to remix the product after losing workability by the addition of more water.
Replace damaged concrete using quickrep sp1000, build up in layers if necessary. Apply quickrep sp1000 with a trowel or spatula. Press hard by hand. Thicker repairs may be achieved by working in layers.
Keep repaired areas damp, with spraying water at least 24 hours.
In tropical areas use a curing compound or Nylon on the surface.