PENETOSEAL CRYSTALLING WATERPROOFING
Penetoseal is a unique chemical treatment, penetrating into the concrete with capillary effect, which waterproofs and protects concrete in depth.
- Elevator Pits
- Swimming pools
- Concrete pipes
- Structures below the groundwater level and subject to water penetration
- Sewage and waste water treatment tanks
- Construction joints
Features and benefits :
- Easy to apply
- Approved for use in contact with potable water
- Allows the passage of water vapor from the inside of the structure (the concrete breathes)
- Seals minor shrinkage and hairline cracks
- Protects concrete and steel rebar from deterioration
- Protects from waterborne corrosive agents
- Completely effective against high hydrostatic pressure
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete
- Penetrates deeply and seals concrete’s capillary tracts and shrinkage cracks
How to use :
The substrate should be clean and sound, free of dust, loose particles, grease, oil and primers from previous membrane systems or bitumen. The surfaces must also have an open capillary system for the penetoseal treatment. The substrate must be prepared by suitable mechanical preparation techniques such as high pressure water jetting, wet sandblasting, wire brushing etc. and properly pre- wetted to a saturated surface dry condition. Spalled concrete should be repaired by cutting out to sound concrete. Cracks, holes and honeycombs must be repaired and patched with penetoseal and silica sand (5:2 by weight) prior to application.
Mix one 40 kg bag with approximately 12 liters of clean water mechanically using a drill and paddle (max. 500 rpm). Do not mix too wet otherwise the mix may crack and spall when drying. Always add powder to water.
Mix until a homogeneous consistency is achieved. Do not rework stiff material by adding more water. Mix sufficient material to use within 30 minutes.
Continuously mix the product during the application, do not dilute and use the hardened mixture.
Product should be applied in two layers. Apply penetosealL with a stiff fiber brush. Scrub well into the damp wall filling all pores and finish with final strokes in one direction. Apply the second coat while the first coat is still green, if this is not possible pre- water before application of the second coat. Application should be done first to the wall and then to the floors.
Moisture cure penetoseal treated surfaces 3-4 times per day for a period of 2-3 days starting with fine water fog spraying the day following the completion of penetoseal applications and dehydration should be prevented.