Quickrep R309 Single component polymer modified fairing coat. Cosmetic mortar for concrete surfaces
Quickrep R309 is a single component polymer modified repair mortar for use as a fairing coat or cosmetic mortar. When mixed with water, as directed, a fine trowellable mortar results which can readily be applied to fill in pores, blowholes and blemishes on a concrete surface. Quickrep R309 can be used as a skim'coat prior to the application of protective coatings.
- To produce a uniform surface over repaired areas
- Preparatory treatment to concrete to receive a thin film protective coating
- As a fairing or skim coat to cover and make good blemishes in concrete surfaces such as slight honeycombing, blowholes, defects caused by sand runs, patch repairs, shutter movement and grout loss
Features and benefits :
- Excellent resistance to freeze / thaw action and carbonation
- Low permeability
- Smooth, easily produced finish
- Excellent adhesion to concrete
- Shrinkage compensating
- Requires only the addition of mixing water
- Precision made, consistent results
- Reduces ingress of water borne salts, such as chlorides and atmospheric / chemical attack
- Subsequent paint coats can be applied with greater economy
How to use :
Quickrep R309 should be applied to the complete area with the minimum of trowelling. Leave for a short period before final trowelling. Finishing may be aided by flicking a small amount of water onto the surface, using a paint brush before final trowelling. When used as a scrape coat Quickrep R309 can be applied with a brush or roller and then the excess scraped off with the edge of a steel float. In this way blow holes and minor blemishes in an otherwise fair faced concrete can be hidden.
Good curing practice is essential even though Quickrep R309 is specially formulated to prevent shrinkage and cracking. Particular care is required in hot and windy conditions.
It is essential that the surfaces to be bonded are sound, clean and uncontaminated. All loose powdering material must be removed. Concrete surfaces should be thoroughly soaked prior to application of Quickrep R309, to ensure a saturated, but surface dry condition.
Deeper voids should be filled prior to the application of a cosmetic coating by reducing the amount of water added when mixing to produce a trowellable putty like mortar.
Quickrep R309 is formulated to give an easily mixed material. For full bag quantities, it is preferable to mix the material in a Crete angle or similar forced action mixer. Alternatively, a slow speed, hand held electric mixer with a suitable paddle can be used. Over mixing should be avoided. When mixing full bags, pour 3-4 litres water in the mixing vessel and commence mixing. Add the powder to the water whilst mixing, add water as required to achieve the desired consistency. No more than 6-6.5 litres of water per 20 kg of Quickrep R309 should be added.