RB-FM HIGH RANGE WATER REDUCING SUPERPLASTICISING
RB-FM is a liquid admixture for concrete based on sulphonated naphthalene. The product may be used to effect substantial water reductions or to produce rheoplastic concrete with normal setting times.
- Production of rheoplastic self-compacting concrete
- Precast concrete
- Low water/cement ratio concrete
- In complicated formwork or with congested reinforcement
Features and benefits :
- Powerful plasticising action reduces or eliminates the need for compaction.
- Concretes of similar workability can be produced with 20-30% less water.
- Increased compressive, tensile and flexural strength can be achieved as a benefit of its water reducing properties.
- High early strengths can significantly increase mould utilisation in precast works.
How to use :
RB-FM should be added to the concrete mix during the mixing cycle at the same time as the water and the aggregates. The maximum effect is achieved when the RB-FM is added after the addition of 50 to 70 % of the water. Never add RB-FM to the dry cement. Keep mixing at high rate for 60 seconds in order to complete mixing.
RB-FM can be used with all types of Portland cement, including sulphate resisting.
It should not be premixed with other admixtures. If other admixtures are to be used they must be dispensed separately.