RB-P2 WATER REDUCING PLASTICISER AND RETARDER FOR CONCRETE
RB-P2 is a powerful plasticizer based on lignosulfonate which disperses and deflocculates cement particles whilst delaying the hydration process, thereby retarding the initial and final set. It can be used to improve workability without the addition of extra water, or to allow reductions in the free water content.
- Hot weather concreting.
- To increase workability.
- To increase compressive strength.
- To reduce permeability.
- Wherever effective workability retention and maximum strengths are required
- Hot weather concreting and mass concreting where controlled delays to initial set are beneficial.
- Ready-mix concrete where workability retention coupled with retardation of initial set are beneficial.
- In areas of congested reinforcement where high workability is of benefit.
- Above or below ground waterproofing where maximum impermeability and water tightness are essential.
Features and benefits :
- Reduces placing problems in hot weather concreting by improving workability and workability retention.
- Increases impermeability and durability.
- Higher early and ultimate strengths.
- Effective over wide range of cement contents.
- Improves surface finish, pumpability and trowelling.
- Enables significant economies in mix designs to be achieved, thereby saving cement.
How to use :
RB-P2 should be added to the concrete mix during the mixing cycle at the same time as the water and the aggregates. The maximum effect is achieved when the RB-P2 is added after the addition of 50 to 70 % of the water. Never add RB-P2 to the dry cement. Keep mixing at high rate for 60 seconds in order to complete mixing.